Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Grandma Romeril


My Grandma Romeril passed away this week. As I read my mom's and brother's blogs about her it made me both happy and sad. Happy that I had such a wonderful Grandma and sad that I did not get to know her better. We only went to Canada a few times and I was young. I was looking though my pictures and I found a few from a trip to Canada, but none with my Grandma in it. I do remember driving from California to Canada with my Grandma, uncles and aunt one summer. I was able to go by myself up there and see our family for about a week. I found a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa that I just love. They look so happy. I want to remember her with that beautiful smile.
This has also made me realize how important it will be for me to make sure that my children know their grandparents even though we live far away. I want my kids to have memories of their grandparents to carry with them their whole life. I guess that means I will have the camera out a lot more as well on our next trip to see them.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm gonna be really sad when I lose my grandmas